Monday, June 30, 2008

Favorite Things Tag

OK, So I am new to the world of "blogs" and I have never been "tagged" before. My sister-in-law, Tara "tagged" me over a week ago and it has taken me a long time to finish this, so I apologize to her for taking so long. But, here it goes:


Favorite actors/actresses: Johnny Depp, and I really can't think of an actress that I love.

Favorite books: I always want to claim that I am a bigger reader than I really am. I enjoy reading, if it is a book that captures me quickly. It has been far too long since I have read a real "grown-up" book and I honestly can't think of a favorite one. I can say that I love children's books. I love picture books (that must be the kindergarten teacher in me) and have an extensive collection of them. At last count I think with all of the books I have and the ones that belong to the children, we have about 700 picture books. I also like children's chapter books and with Cora reaching that age where she is interested in them also, I am being reintroduced to some of my favorites: Beverly Cleary books, Charlotte's Web, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, etc. So I guess in short, my favorite books right now are ones that I can enjoy with my children!

Favorite clothing items: the new jeans that I just bought even though they aren't the smaller size that I wish I could fit in. They fit and are comfortable and are cute-so I like them

Favorite colors: purple-always has been, always will be :)

Favorite foods: roast and potatoes and gravy, Sean's fondue, candy, chocolate and cake-in other words, I love food that isn't good for me-ugh

Favorite GA's (General Authorities): This questions makes me nervous to answer. It is not that I am superstitious and fear that I will be struck down if I declare a General Authority that I like more than all of the others, but I kind of feel like it is like choosing a favorite child. There are certain things that I love most about all of the General Authorities. I get excited when Conference time comes around to find out which one will have the talk that I really needed to hear. (And MAYBE I am a little superstitious :)

Favorite hobbies: Pretending to be a crafter-lately I have been painting frames for my living room-not hard but very relaxing for me, relearning how to play the french horn, cross-stitching, taking pictures and wishing I was a scrapbooker

Favorite hymns: I prefer primary songs, but I love the hymn, If You Could Hie to Kolob

Favorite movies: The Princess Bride

Favorite musicians/groups/songs: This one is hard for me because it really depends on the mood I am in. I know that I like Classic Rock stuff (like 60's and 70's). Some specific artists I like are: James Taylor, Elton John, Billy Joel. There are others, but for time's sake I will say that of course my favorite musician is my amazingly talented husband-Sean. Not only can he play the piano really well, but he is a great composer/arranger.

Favorite places: Home. I like to visit other places, but honestly, I am quite content staying right at home.

Favorite restaurants: Wendy's, Tucano's

Favorite vacation spots: Our trips overseas (to Europe and Australia) have been some of my favorite vacations. But I can also say that I have enjoyed our more simple vacations, like our "camping" trip last year to Moab, and our "camping" at the Heber Valley Campground.

Anyway, there it is, some of my favorites. Now, I don't exactly know the rules to this tagging thing-but I assume I must "tag" someone else and they get to answer the same questions on their blogs. So, I am going to "tag" Hilary and Colby (yes, you can BOTH fill one out), Tiffany (now you have to start a blog:) and Steffanie and Sean.

No comments: