OK-So I have a love/hate relationship with these tag things. I think it is fun having something specific to write about-an "assignment" if you will. I tend to have better focus if I am given a topic to write about. The problem I have with them is that I take FOREVER to get them done. And, I don't like to tag other people-not because I don't want to read what they have to write, but I don't want anyone to feel "pressure" to actually do the tag. Anyway, I have been tagged, more than once, on my Facebook account (yes, I reluctantly joined Facebook-still not sure why, but I must say, I have had fun being reunited with old friends and family-come join if you feel inclined:) So, this is one of the tags from Facebook (sorry if you have read it already). Since I am not very consistant at blogging I thought I might do double duty on some of these tags. If you read this considered yourself tagged!
Rule: Once you've been tagged you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
1. I played the french-horn for many years. I started playing in Jr. High and continued throughout high school and into college. At UVSC (it wasn't UVU yet) I played in the band and orchestra and even had scholorships there. I chose to play the french horn because my mom wanted me to take Spanish as a foreign language-I wanted to take French. I thought I was making some sort of compromise by playing the "French" horn. It wasn't until later that I learned that the French horn wasn't really French!
2. I have a terrible habit of chewing ice. I LOVE to chomp away at a glass of ice. Not a good thing for teeth or jaws!
3. When I was in 3rd grade the entire grade put on a little program based around Disney characters. Every child had a part but I was so shy that I didn't like to talk in front of people much. Instead of a speaking part they assigned me the part of Tinkerbell. Ever since then I have loved anything Tinkerbell. I have passed that on to my girls!
4. I started working when I was 13. I started by washing dishes at a cake decorating shop. Eventually I helped with making and delivering cakes, teaching candy making classes and working in the store. I loved having my own money and learned a lot of skills at that job.
5. I like to watch T.V. No, actually I love to watch T.V. I have a terrible habit of just having it on. I am not always watching it, but I often have it on for the noise in the background.
6. I like to pretend I am creative. In reality, anything that I come up with that is creative I usually just copy from someone else. I just know how to find good ideas and copy them.
7. I am a procrastinator. I have a pile of unfinished projects. In fact this list sat unfinished for a long time before I finally finished it. I have started to cut back on the new things that I start so that I might actually have time to finish some of the unfinished stuff.
8. I LOVE children's books-especially picture books. (see #9) At last count between the books that I own and the books my children have we have at least 700 children's books.
9. I am a collector of things. Some people might say I am a pack-rat. I have the most difficult time getting rid of things. I am so sentimental that every little piece of everything means something to me-or at least I think it does. I have improved over the years, but still keep too much stuff around.
10. I always wanted to learn how to play the guitar. Someday I still hope to learn.
11. My favorite movie of all time is The Princess Bride
12. My favorite song since I was three has been "You Light Up My Life" by Debbie Boone- (Shut-up, stop laughing!)
13. I twirled the baton competitively for years while I was in Jr. High and High School.
14. I have always wanted to take a photography class and learn how to take nice pictures.
15. I taught kindergarten for two years and loved it (or at least it has been long enough that I can't remember all of the bad stuff.) I quit when I was pregnant with my second daughter but I hope to go back to teaching when my kids are older.
16. My first year of teaching I taught at the school where the principal was my old fifth grade teacher. My second year I taught at the elementary school I attended from K-6th.
17. I don't like roller coasters-this actually made my husband think twice about marrying me-now that we have kids old enough to go with him I think he is glad to have a roller coaster partner again.
18. I stress out easily. I usually get migraines, backaches or stomachaches when I am stressed out.
19. If I could pick anyplace to serve in the church it would be in the primary. I love the kids and I love teaching so it works out well. Right now I am primary president (three years so far!) I was primary chorister before that-my absolute favorite calling! I hope that when I am done serving as primary president I will still be able to serve in primary.
20. I love sugar. I have always had a sweet-tooth. Don't get me wrong, I like healthy food-but I love anything with sugar.
21. I love crayons and coloring. I know I am a grown up but I love to open up a new box of nicely sharpened crayons and color a nice picture. Strange but true. Must be the Kindergarten teacher in me.
22. I had long hair for most of my life. It was always long enough to pull up in a pony tail and at the time I met my husband it went down to my waist. I never had it shorter than shoulder length. A few years ago my sister was going through hair school and wanted to practice on my hair-so I let her and now it is short and I love it.
23. My first car was a gray 1986 Firebird. I cried when it stopped working and I had to sell it. But, it is hard to fit three kids in a sportcar like that.
24. My dream car would be an old Mustang-but once again-you can't fit three kids and a husband in a Mustang-one day though, one day.
25. I can't swim. I hate water. I even took swimming lessons in High School. I understand the "science" of swimming but being in the water petrifies me. I would even say I can be a bit irrational about it. I have had my children take swimming lessons and I try to pretend it isn't scary when I am around them, but I am still scared of it.
So, now it is your turn, tell me about yourself :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I knew almost all of those things about you--yay we are friends.
I like that song too, but its funny that its your favorite!
I think your wonderfully interesting and yes I still care. you should move to AZ. Lots of houses on my street that are available. Cheap, Cheap, Cheap! I'm talking under 100,000 for a beautiful, huge, house. Come on you know you want too!!!!
i'll try to do this post later this week...stay tuned!
I've been thinking about joining facebook--I'll let you know if I do.
And I remember (with much happiness) your baton competitions.
Post a Comment