Wednesday, June 24, 2009

In Memoriam

Dear Green Ipod,

Thank you for all of the joy that you brought to my life. The year and a half that we had together was a nice one. Not only did you bring me many hours of entertainment, but you kept me company and became my friend.

Remember when we were so excited to go to the New Kids on the Block Concert that we downloaded a lot of their old music in addition to their new cd? You even tolerated me and Tiffany singing along while traveling to and from the concert. You were such a good ipod.

You played my music, my podcasts and even entertained me with movies and television shows! What a great invention you are!
You didn't even look at me funny while I was dancing to your music while cleaning my kitchen! Which is more than I can say for my own children!

You even kept me company while I was in the hospital having my little boy. I was so lonely at times, and I missed my family, but you were there the whole time.

And, after I came home, you made those late night feedings a little easier by playing comforting music and podcasts.

But, you have now gone on to ipod heaven. Who knew that pouring a bottle of water on you would do so much damage? And, in my defense, it wasn't me, it was one of my children. But they didn't mean to and really it doesn't matter. Blame doesn't bring you back...

Now comes the difficult part, I am sorry to say, Ipod, that I HAVE replaced you. And, while you filled my needs for a time, those needs have changed. My new ipod is purple...PURPLE!!! And it holds twice as much music..TWO TIMES as much!!!



I loved you green ipod, but I must say, I love my PURPLE ipod just a little more...but only a little.

I hope, dear ipod, that you have moved on to bigger, better places. And, don't worry about me, I have my purple ipod to bring me joy.

Rest in Peace, Green Ipod, RIP

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Rest in Peace green iPod. You have faithfully served and will be missed.

Funny, funny post!

Dedee said...

~sniff~ That was so touching. I just felt it in my heart. ~sniff~ I hope your pain is shortlived!

~snicker~

Allyson said...

oh that was lovely, just lovely. Maybe you could write obituaries for a living. :-)

I don't have an ipod. But I am sure they are lovely!

tiffcrockett said...

ha! ha! It brought me much joy last september too!

Bocepheus said...

I think the purple iPod needs a memory post as well.